[kbd] 1.15.4 schedule

Alexey Gladkov gladkov.alexey at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 03:35:52 MSK 2012

17.11.2012 22:17, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Saturday 17 November 2012 08:31:57 Alexey Gladkov wrote:
>> I think it's time to make a new release and try new auto-convert
>> feature and other serious changes.
>
> the latest versions have caused problems with default names:
> # loadkeys es
> assuming iso-8859-1 diaeresis -> this message could be related
>
> whereas older versions:
> # loadkeys es
>
> we rename the maps in our builds to avoid this:
> 	cd data/keymaps/i386
> 	mv dvorak/no.map dvorak/no-dvorak.map
> 	mv fgGIod/trf.map fgGIod/trf-fgGIod.map
> 	mv olpc/es.map olpc/es-olpc.map
> 	mv olpc/pt.map olpc/pt-olpc.map
> 	mv qwerty/cz.map qwerty/cz-qwerty.map
>
> fedora does the same thing

I know about this bug. This is a big problem across the keymap
directory - the unique names in all tree. For me this is the biggest
problem.

Now I don't want to begin global renaming because it won't solve the
main problem.

I'm currently working on a very large changes in a separate branch. I
hope that these changes will finally resolve this issue and some others.

This release is made to push new utilities and new keymaps and to fix
bugs in the previous release.

--
Rgrds, legion