[kbd] Please support narrow no-break space (U+202F)

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 29 21:37:34 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 07:50:06PM +0200, Nicolas Delvaux wrote:

> Of course it would be better if nnbsp were at least "unbreakable" but,
> with the current kbd, even non-break spaces break (because they are
> mapped to 0x20). Perhaps this is by design, I don't know.

 The console fonts run in a tty.  I think the appropriate
description might be "what you ask for is what you get".

 If you are looking at html in a browser, the browser makes decisions
about how to process the nbsp entity.  But for plain text, you get
what the current font produces for that character.  The font doesn't
add a linefeed of its own accord - long lines just appear to wrap onto
the next line of the screen.

ĸen