[Comm-en] Flatpak support

Michael Shigorin mike at altlinux.org
Sun Jan 16 01:44:58 MSK 2022

On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 12:53:20AM +0300, Michael Shigorin wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 12:48:24PM -0800, Lyndon wrote:
> > Just wondering how to add flatpak support to Software as
> > Software won-t install flatpaks though it shows other flatpaks
> > installed via the terminal.
> I've relayed your question to flatpak maintainer in ALT

Our GNOME maintainer replied already, my translation:

---
The guy tells that gnome-software doesn't show flatpaks that
can be installed but only those already installed via console.
It's not this way in sisyphus.  I don't know what's up in p10.

Recommend him to try sisyphus-based regular builds, maybe many
of his problems get cured, including attachments in evolution
installed through flatpak (but why not use distribution's one?)
---

Note that Sisyphus is quite solid for an unstable development
repository but it *can* result in a major PITA or two a year,
in my experience (as in "X broke, need to mess around / fix
or downgrade and hold").  You can try it via LiveCDs though:
http://en.altlinux.org/regular

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin / http://altlinux.org
  ------ http://opennet.ru / http://anna-news.info