[Comm-en] Flatpak support

David davidb at disroot.org
Sun Jan 16 07:37:16 MSK 2022

January 15, 2022 4:45 PM, "Michael Shigorin" <mike at altlinux.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 12:53:20AM +0300, Michael Shigorin wrote:
>
> Our GNOME maintainer replied already, my translation:
>
> ---
> The guy tells that gnome-software doesn't show flatpaks that
> can be installed but only those already installed via console.
> It's not this way in sisyphus. I don't know what's up in p10.
>
> Recommend him to try sisyphus-based regular builds, maybe many
> of his problems get cured, including attachments in evolution
> installed through flatpak (but why not use distribution's one?)
> ---
>
> Note that Sisyphus is quite solid for an unstable development
> repository but it *can* result in a major PITA or two a year,
> in my experience (as in "X broke, need to mess around / fix
> or downgrade and hold"). You can try it via LiveCDs though:
> http://en.altlinux.org/regular

Michael,
Do you think this suggestion would work at fixing the bug I have with p9 GNUStep's Synaptic?  This is the bug that displays the unreadable text I see at the end of the package installation process (that I mentioned in my review).  Or, is p9 too old to work properly with the Sisyphus repositories, without breaking something?

David.