[Comm-en] Using RPM cache on a second ALT-Linux system

Chorus Grove theadmin at chorusgrove.site
Tue Aug 2 19:25:14 MSK 2022

On 8/2/22 12:35 AM, Michael Shigorin wrote:
> You can just rsync /var/cache/apt/archives/ between the systems
> -- if you don't "--delete" then these will even sum up.
>
> This can be mediated with a flashdive or portable HDD too.

Thanks so much, Michael!  So, I've copied over the contents of the
archives from one machine to the other.  Now, here's a silly question:
how do I tell Synaptic to use those files to do an upgrade?  When I
start up Syanptic, it doesn't seem to acknowledge that the 500MB of RPMs
are there.  If I try something like "add downloaded packages", Synaptic
tells me that this hasn't been implemented for RPMs, patches welcome.

Do I need to use the command line and RPMI or something else to do the
upgrade?