[Comm-en] Introduction

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Sun May 17 13:55:53 MSD 2009

Michael Shigorin a écrit :

> Would be interesting to know what exactly was impressive,
> and what might have tried to spoil that.

I first installed ALT in VirtualBox, and I just liked the little
details. A no-bullshit KDE 3.5.x desktop, with just the right
adjustments. (For example, replace KMail by Thunderbird, which is a good
idea, since KMail's IMAP support is buggy). And I like the sober
appearance, like SUSE, but less glossy. Clean and understated.

>> How about the mailing list. Is this list still active?
>
> More or less; over the years it was somewhere near this level of
> activity, or below it, so I'd say now it's rather "more".

The speed of your response is already part of the answer.

Ah yes, one first spoiler. I just made some space on a "real" (e. g.
non-virtual) PC, and first failure: when I choose "Destroy all
partitions, then autopartitions", packages are all "installed", but then
the installer exits with a general failure for all the packages. Looks
like it forgot to format. Now I'm currently running it again, this time
with "Custom install".

Cheers,

Niki