[Comm-en] System Requiremtnts for ALT Linux

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Fri May 7 19:19:07 MSD 2004

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 03:30:38AM -0700, Ariel Lavi wrote:
> I accidentally wrote "20 MB" when I actually have 200 MB RAM on
> my Kawaki, so I guess that setles the problem.

:))))

Sure.

> also:
> 1. I use the internet only form my Desk computer using ADSL,
> does ALt linjux support it?

Should work if it's ethernet; for USB, people did something but
I gappened to avoid such cases so just don't know.

> 2. Wil ALT linux Compact 2.3 enable me to use USB in some way
> on my Portable computer? I have a coordinator between the mouse
> exit to a USB connection. but win95 doesn't support it.

Umm... may require some (quite simple but) manual intervention on
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4.

> 3. About the RPM's and all that, I barely understood anything
> buit when it will become relvant I will contact you again.

Well there are stories for that already, asking the question to
google may help much.

http://linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148243&highlight=whats+rpm
http://linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135880&highlight=whats+rpm
http://linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119078&highlight=whats+rpm