[Comm-en] [JT] international community site

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Tue Aug 12 19:58:09 MSD 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 06:42:08PM +0400, vadim at mail.cytspb.rssi.ru wrote:
> Folks, I am utmostly sure the thing  that annoys me in ALT
> Linux *most* - is the inexistence of Internet forum on it...
> And this should be easily repairable - just set up the

So go ahead and do it.  It _was_ discussed (along with newsgroup)
indeed.

> And install the IPB on it. Even me, a completely newbie managed
> to start up that server after a couple of weeks

It's not hard to "set smth up".  It's a bit harder to make it
*really* work -- not technically, but as a *resource*.

> Guys, why you don't even TRY to do it???

Because it sucks more.  Believe me or not, I manage several MLs
at linux.kiev.ua/lists.osdn.org.ua and we happen to have forums
here.  Forums are *much* more painstaking and happen to be more
"dummish" in that regard that rare person able to answer the
question will ever *see* it there.

PS: I believe you could try to help Alexey Lubimov (avl at altlinux)
with developing "public question" part of atmsk.ru forum.  And it
would be the best use for your energy I can imagine for now. :)

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>