[sisyphus] Re: Сплошной глюкодром а ALC3 на nForce2

Genix =?iso-8859-1?q?genix_=CE=C1_list=2Eru?=
Пт Янв 20 08:56:33 MSK 2006

Michael Shigorin wrote:

>>- часто даже localhost не пингуется и при попытке пинговать
>>выдаёт сообщение:
>>//=========================================
>>[root на dig root]# ping 10.0.0.1
>>connect: No buffer space available
>>[root на dig root]# ping localhost
>>connect: No buffer space available
>>//=========================================
>

> А вот этого не видел.

нашел в гугле, может поможет:
http://archive.linuxvirtualserver.org/html/lvs-users/2002-09/msg00238.html

A. Possible Causes for this Problem
-----------------------------------
o fragmentation
   You might have a big amount of fragmented packets coming in an your
   buffer space simply can't cope with it anymore before all packets are
   assembled.
o MTU(route output) < MTU(needed)
   In case this occurs, the kernel needs to fragment the packets and
   send them off then causing a lot of skb_alloc() and memory allocations
   in that direction.
o wrong default gateway configuration
   You might run your box with a wrong DGW pointing to an internal IP
   address configured on your box. The reason why it still works could be
   an intelligent router before your box.
o neigbour table overflow
   Your arp cache experienced some kind of overflow due to strange
   settings in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/<$INTERFACE>/* or due to circular
   routing entries.
o generally a weird /proc/sys/net/* configuration
   It could be anything there, let's hope it's not there.

B. How to Hunt Down those Problems
----------------------------------
I need the following outputs _when_ the problems occurs:
o ip -s -s link show
o ip addr show
o ip link show dev lo
o ip rule show
o ip route show table main
o cat /proc/net/softnet_stat
o cat /proc/net/rt_cache_stat
o cat /proc/net/raw (especially after a ping)
o cat /proc/net/netlink
o cat /proc/slabinfo

Could you also test if starting a tcpdump on either one of the
interfaces triggers the problem somehow in that that the error messages
show up more frequently?

C. Possible Band-Aid for the Problem
o reboot (this is not really a solution)
o crontab that sets link state down/up (also not very nice)
o crontab that does 'ip route flush cache'

I hope you can do something with my information and that it will reveil
a hint on where to search next. Sorry that we don't have a solution for
this right now.

--
У каждого в башке свои тараканы...