[sisyphus] vsftpd update?

Dmitry V. Levin =?iso-8859-1?q?ldv_=CE=C1_altlinux=2Eorg?=
Ср Ноя 5 12:09:28 MSK 2003

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 05:14:27PM -0500, Ivan Adzhubey wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 12:23:44 +0300, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 04:51:03PM -0500, Ivan Adzhubey wrote:
> > > А что это у нас vsftpd так давно не обновлялся? Уже давно версия
> > > 1.2.0 вышла, а в Сизифе только 1.1.2. Или он уже orphaned и теперь
> > > надо чем-то другим пользоваться?
> >
> > Чем хорош vsftpd, так это, в частности, тем, что его можно не
> > обновлять, ибо он и так отлично работает.
> >
> > Возможно, вам нужен какой-то функционал из 1.2.0+?
>
> Да нет, ничего нового там не добавилось, насколько я могу видеть из
> changelog. Но багов исправлено довольно много.

Багов, говорите?

Цитирую vsftpd-1.2.0/Changelog:

At this point: 1.1.2 package released
-------------------------------------

- Support for tcp_wrappers.
- First stab at Solaris sendfilev() support.
- Don't bomb out the listener on SIGHUP if the config became invalid.
- End vsf_findlibs.sh with "exit 0;" - thanks Lars Hecking <lhecking на nmrc.ie>!
- Integrate with tcp_wrappers - load config based on VSFTPD_LOAD_CONF
environment variables. Allows per-IP configurability in standalone mode.
- Fix build without tcp_wrappers.
- Fix Solaris sendfilev() support - interruption via a signal returns EINTR
rather than a partial byte count!
- Add to EXAMPLE/ - PER_IP_CONFIG and INTERNET_SITE_NOINETD

At this point: 1.1.3 package released
-------------------------------------

итого:
- добавлена поддержка tcp_wrappers.
- исправлены некоторые проблемы сборки, не проявляющиеся в среде
  ALT Linux.

- Eliminate crypt() not defined warning.
- "grep -q" is not standard to redirect to /dev/null instead.
- Make banned_email_file work second time around.
- Add force_dot_files to work around broken clients. The behaviour when
enabled is very wu-ftpd like.
- Implement SITE HELP - should work around IE bug?
- Update README, vsftpd.conf with references to read the manual page!
- Log revamp: add dual_log_enable to log to xferlog AND vsftpd.log.
- Log revamp: add syslog_enable to log vsftpd.log to syslog().
- Add "background" option to background the listener process.
- Fix warning is vsftpd.8 man page, Bill Nottingham <notting на redhat.com>.
- Fix tcp wrappers support to NOT emit loads of Bad file descriptor messages
to the system log.
- Add ability to make bandwidth limiter smoother by using e.g.
trans_chunk_size=8192.
- Add ability for virtual users to use local privs non anon privs, via
virtual_use_local_privs=YES.
- Fix sendfile() fallback on FreeBSD, thanks to Adam Stroud
<adstro на stny.rr.com>.
- Add pam_session support, as well as utmp and wtmp logging for local logins
(when using a PAM build). Tested pam_limits maxlogins works.
- Ensure the source IP address for PORT connects is always the same as the
control connection local IP address. Previously it was not when NOT using
connect_from_port_20 in the presence of multiple local IP addresses.
- Oops - make max_per_ip and max_clients work with the two process model
when both connect_from_port_20 and chown_uploads are false.
- Initial IPv6 support (EPSV only).
- Add EPRT support to IPv6.
- Fix "ls .file" to list .file even if the ls -a flag is not present. Noted
by and thanks to Sean Millichamp <sean на enertronllc.com>.
- Better error messages for config file parse fail: include setting name.
- Fix bug in str_split_text where text is greater than 1 character long!
- Make it build on Solaris8 - switch from utmp to utmpx and handle missing
LOG_FTP.
- Always check for VSFTPD_LOAD_CONF environment variable.
- Implement HELP properly (should help broken clients).
- Fix FreeBSD build (no utmpx.h, so disable feature).
- Fix chown_uploads.
- "Guess fix" for FreeBSD reported bug. I reckon FreeBSD is returning -EINTR
from a blocking close but still closing the fd, despite the error return. So
cater for this. Reported by Drew Vogel <dvogel на intercarve.net>.
- Add download_enable and dirlist_enable. Useful in conjunction with the
per-user config stuff.
- Add chmod_enable.
- Implement STRU and MODE for _old_, broken clients!
- Log connects.
- Fix 500 OOPS with chown_uploads and an APPE command.
- Improve some error messages: die -> die2 for more information.
- Repair max_per_ip (problem comparing IPv4 addresses).
- Make chown_uploads work with virtual users.
- Chmod files to 0600 before chown_uploads kicks in.
- Add STOU support.
- Add cmds_allowed config parameter.
- Add some FAQ entries.

At this point: v1.2.0 released!
===============================

итого:
- улучшена поддержка tcp_wrappers.
- добавлены и документированы новые фичи.
- исправлены опечатки в документации.
- исправлены некоторые проблемы сборки, не проявляющиеся в среде
  ALT Linux.
- реальные исправления:
- Oops - make max_per_ip and max_clients work with the two process model
when both connect_from_port_20 and chown_uploads are false.
- Fix "ls .file" to list .file even if the ls -a flag is not present.
- Fix bug in str_split_text where text is greater than 1 character long!
- Fix chown_uploads.
- Fix 500 OOPS with chown_uploads and an APPE command.
- Make chown_uploads work with virtual users.
- Chmod files to 0600 before chown_uploads kicks in.

Получается, что это не bugfix, а feature release.

--
ldv