[sisyphus] update: sylpheed

Sergey Vlasov =?iso-8859-1?q?vsu_=CE=C1_altlinux=2Eru?=
Вт Ноя 19 17:16:16 MSK 2002

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:58:45 +0300
Sergey Krivulja <skrivulja на erec.ru> wrote:

> Может стоит дождаться поддержки gtk2?

Долго ждать придется. Вот что автор пишет:

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:00:18 +0900
From: Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y на kcn.ne.jp>
To: sylpheed на good-day.net
Subject: [sylpheed:15979] Re: Sylpheed's internationalization needs work

Hello,

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:15:12 +0800
Iain Patterson <sylpheed на iain.cx> wrote:

> Quoth Christopher Culver,
>
> > Porting the app to GTK2 and using Pango would be a perfect solution
>
>   Yup.

GTK2 and Pango still seems to have some problems dealing with multi-byte
encodings (such as Japanese). That's why I'm reluctant about porting to
GTK2.

> > * Different fonts for different codesets.
>
>   Can already be done ... kinda.

Not yet. This has been already in TODO (oops, I have to update TODO list :).

> The sylpheed
> developers said they would never, ever under any circumstances
> whatsoever include clearsigning for PGP messages.

I didn't say such a thing. (Maybe some end-users had said that)

> The official word on GTK2 is "no hurry" so extrapolating we
> should expect it in three months or so...

It may be done once GTK2 become as stable and fast as GTK+-1.2.10.

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <yamamoto на good-day.co.jp>
http://www.good-day.co.jp/    (Good-Day)