[sisyphus] [greg_casamento на yahoo.com: GNUstep's release readiness]

Alexey I. Froloff =?iso-8859-1?q?raorn_=CE=C1_immo=2Eru?=
Пн Дек 23 11:30:09 MSK 2002

JFI

----- Forwarded message from Gregory Casamento <greg_casamento на yahoo.com> -----

Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 18:49:48 -0800 (PST)
From: Gregory Casamento <greg_casamento на yahoo.com>
To: discuss-gnustep на gnu.org
Subject: GNUstep's release readiness

All,

By and large 2002 has been a good year for GNUstep.   It seems to me that we
are ready for a major release of all of the available applications.

As such we have a couple of questions which should be considered:
1) Which applications should be considered?
2) What major issues should be addressed before the release?

IMHO GNUstep must start demanding more of the public eye.   There are still
some features which are missing, but I believe it's complete enough for a major
release of all applications in one bundle.

This would help eliminate some confusion as to what versions of the development
applications work with which versions of the gui/base libraries as well as
ensure that the average user gets a cohesive experience with GNUstep.

I have been discussing this with Pierre and others on #gnustep.  As always,
this is an open forum.  All comments/suggestions/flames are welcomed. :)

Later, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento