[kbd] My keymap is finished. But I have a problem to consult you.

Merlin Dou merlin_dou at yeah.net
Sun May 11 21:42:03 MSK 2014

--
Rgrds, legion

It is me, again. LOL :)
This time, I write a clear keymap.

The following is my keymap. Feel free to add it.
I have 2  problem to consult you:
 Q1:
         When I read the keymap files in kbd folder (/usr/share/kbd/keymaps/i386/dvorak), I found a lot of things like:
            Meta_one
            Meta_exclam
            Meta_bar
            ... ...
           I am wondering what is Meta_ ?
           Then I google it, but google can not give me a certain answer. I've stuck by this for a long time.
           So, Please tell me. (My english is poor, hope you can understand me)
 Q2:
         I don't know the naming rule about keymap.
         So I observed the filenames in  /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/i386/dvorak :
           ANSI-dvorak.map.gz
           dvorak-ca-fr.map.gz
           dvorak-es.map.gz
           dvorak-fr.map.gz
           dvorak-l.map.gz
           dvorak-r.map.gz
           dvorak-ru.map.gz
           dvorak-sv-a1.map.gz
           dvorak-sv-a5.map.gz
           dvorak-uk.map.gz
           dvorak.map.gz
           no-dvorak.map.gz
         But I still do not have an idea about that.
         I name it "Code To Death", so campy, huh??? You can look down upon me. :)
         But It seems that the name is too long. I have to call the kemap:
                dvorak-codetodeath.map.gz
                codetodeath-dvorak.map.gz
         or shorter:
                dvorak-ctd.map.gz
                ctd-dvorak.map.gz
         Which name should I choose ?

Note: I have send 4 or 5 mails to kbd mailing list. Just because I want to add the keymap which my friends and I are using to kbd.
         But now, I found that is not important anymore.  Now, what I want is to understand the thing in kbd.
         Until now, I read the man pages about chvt, deallocvt, loadkeys ... But, there is a lot of concept I can not understand.
         I think that I started reading at a wrong entry . Maybe , you can give me some advice on reading docment about kbd.

Note again: It 01:36 am in my country, I have to go to bed. I spend a lot of time on writing this email, so don't reply me. LOL. I am kidding.

Here is my keymap. Please give me some advice during your free time, Thanks.
-------------
! CodeToDeath Dvorak keymap
! Merlin Dou (11 March 2014)
!
! This file is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
! it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
! the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
! (at your option) any later version.
!
! This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
! but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
! MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
! GNU General Public License for more details.
!
! You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
! along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
! Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
!
keymaps 0-2,4-6,8-9,12
alt_is_meta
include "linux-with-two-alt-keys"
include "windowkeys.map.gz"
strings as usual
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------
! Row 1
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------
keycode   1 = Escape
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------
! Row 2
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------
keycode  41 = dollar         asciitilde
keycode   2 = ampersand      percent
keycode   3 = bracketleft    seven
keycode   4 = braceleft      five
keycode   5 = braceright     three
keycode   6 = parenleft      one
keycode   7 = equal          nine
keycode   8 = asterisk       zero
keycode   9 = parenright     two
keycode  10 = plus           four
keycode  11 = bracketright   six
keycode  12 = exclam         eight
keycode  13 = numbersign     tilde
keycode  14 = Delete
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------
! Row 3
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------
keycode  15 = Tab
keycode  16 = semicolon      colon
keycode  17 = comma          less
keycode  18 = period         greater
keycode  19 = p
keycode  20 = y
keycode  21 = f
keycode  22 = g
keycode  23 = c
keycode  24 = r
keycode  25 = l
keycode  26 = slash          question
keycode  27 = at             asciicircum
keycode  28 = Return
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------
! Row 4
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------
keycode  58 = Control
keycode  30 = a
keycode  31 = o
keycode  32 = e
keycode  33 = u
keycode  34 = i
keycode  35 = d
keycode  36 = h
keycode  37 = t
keycode  38 = n
keycode  39 = s
keycode  40 = minus          underscore
keycode  43 = backslash      bar
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------
! Row 5
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------
keycode  42 = Shift
keycode  44 = apostrophe     quotedbl
keycode  45 = q
keycode  46 = j
keycode  47 = k
keycode  48 = x
keycode  49 = b
keycode  50 = m
keycode  51 = w
keycode  52 = v
keycode  53 = z
keycode  54 = Shift
! Row 6 (Not include Win Key, They are defined in windowkeys.map.gz)
keycode  29 = Caps_Lock
keycode  56 = Alt
keycode  57 = space
keycode  97 = Control

[kbd] My keymap is finished. But I have a problem to consult you.