[kbd] OLPC specific keymaps

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Jan 10 16:03:55 MSK 2008

Alexey Gladkov wrote:

> Please, send me example too. :)

Attached.  If they seem ok, please feel free to add them to your
upstream package in i386/olpc/.

> I'm adding kbd maillist on Cc.
> Maybe we will discuss it there ?

Sure.  For completeness, I'm appending here the other branch
of this thread:

---cut---

Andries E. Brouwer wrote:
> If I conjecture that you use a more or less standard Linux kernel
> for the OLPC, and use PC-compatible hardware, then maybe your keyboard
> belongs under i386.

Ok.  I don't fully understand how the lookup works in loadkeys.
Do we have to prepend "olpc-" to the maps we customize?

Is there a way to make this search happen automatically and fall
back to qwerty if the olpc variant doesn't exist?

For xkb, we have moved the layout configuration entirely in the
manufacturing data in ROM, so we'd not have to hardcode keyboard
tables in all OSes that support OLPC.

--
 \___/
 |___|   Bernardo Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/