[devel] Q: --no-copy-dt-needed-entries

Kirill A. Shutemov kirill на shutemov.name
Ср Мар 24 18:40:51 UTC 2010

2010/3/24 Dmitry V. Levin <ldv на altlinux.org>:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 08:24:32PM +0200, Kirill A. Shutemov wrote:
>> > [...]
>> >
>> > I was wrong, --copy-dt-needed-entries does not produce underlinked apps,
>> > so I withdraw my proposal to change the default from --copy-dt-needed-entries
>> > to --no-copy-dt-needed-entries.
>>
>> Dmitry, what do you think about gold? What will we do if Fedora
>> switches to gold. If we want to switch to gold too, we have to prepare
>> for it. --no-copy-dt-needed-entries is one of step of the preparing.
>
> I haven't tried gold yet.

I'll package it with alternatives in the next build of binutils.

>  If it doesn't implement
> --copy-dt-needed-entries, we could request this feature or just implement
> it ourselves.

Have you looked into bug pointed by Alexey? In fact,
--copy-dt-needed-entries is a reimplementation part of dynamic loader
functional. Looks like workaround for buggy software. I don't think
that bring it to new linker is a good idea.