[devel] parallel builds, again

Michael Shigorin mike на osdn.org.ua
Вс Дек 13 14:03:34 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 05:12:34PM +0300, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> Well, you could benefit from parallelizing builds if you had
> some spare CPU and RAM.  Unfortunately, this is not the case.
> The hardware available now is only 3 aged servers, with two
> dual core processors each, i.e. just 12 cores.  These decrepit
> wrecks are handling all build queues (6 repositories, with two
> architectures each) and some other greedy tasks.  This
> situation is not going to change in foreseen future, so I'd
> rather be on the safe side and leave things as is.

But what about a week long NPROCS=2 experiment for Sisyphus?
It's by far the most busy queue, it just can't be treated
reasonably as equal with the rest.

I don't think the reactor blow up *unless* it's going to hit
the swap for that many compiler processes.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike на altlinux.ru>