[devel] parallel builds, again (was: [Fwd: [#16528] COMPLETE (try 23)])

Michael Shigorin mike на osdn.org.ua
Сб Дек 12 11:45:14 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 09:22:50AM +0300, Alexey Tourbin wrote:
> To stress, OF COURSE single-core performances is a bottleneck.
> Did you think it wasn't?

Did *you* think it won't be?

> And we can't do much about it, but to take it for granted.
> So don't be moronic.  CPU cores are much useless.

It's pretty stupid to choose known dead-end in the first place.
You could as well choose steam engines to build upon.

And as noted previously, trying to solve 100% tasks is usually
either too pricey or virtually impossible.  You just make the
same impression as a b^Hman who would try to implement complex
system using only in-place error handling but not exceptions.

Google up "ТРИЗ", you might finally see how solving tasks
partially might suddenly be a huge benefit to solving them
completely in the end.

PS: one might also try to focus e.g. on brain, I think it might
be somewhat more relevant. :}

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike на altlinux.ru>