Re: [devel] Re: wvdial и права root

Sergey Pinaev =?iso-8859-1?q?dfo_=CE=C1_antex=2Eru?=
Пн Июн 21 16:24:55 MSD 2004

hi.
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:21:29 +0400
Alexey Tourbin <at на altlinux.ru> wrote:

>> Подскажите, какая ситуация у wvdial с запуском
>> под пользователем? Я собрал gnome-ppp, который
>> основан на wvdial, но без работы под пользователем это
>> бессмысленно...

AT> Я запускаю из-под sudo.
AT> Давайте спросим в devel, как запустить его от пользователя.

Although more secure than the above, specific details of the best alternative has yet to be discovered that will work with all the various system configurations. Basically the user needs read (and perhaps write) access to the serial device being used, the wvdial.conf file and also to certain portions of the /etc/ppp directory. If you would like to explore this safer alternative, hopefully with a view to correcting the FAQ, check the mailing list archive, join in on the mailing list discussion and let me know what works best for you.

(c) http://dsb3.com/wvdial/wvfaq-5.html

--
mail="Sergey Pinaev <dfo на antex.ru>"
url="http://`echo $mail | sed 's/.* <\(.*\)@\(.*\)>/\1.\2/'`"