[mdk-re] [JT] http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/

Alexandre Redko =?iso-8859-1?q?Mandrake_=CE=C1_zlkz=2Espnet=2Eru?=
Пн Сен 3 13:45:12 MSD 2001

Добрый день!
Продолжая чтение LG #70, наткнулся на ссылку на забавный и к тому же
(местами) полезный FAQ.

Technical . . .

a.. "Do I have to bring my monitor to the Linux InstallFest? It's heavy.
Can't you supply one?"
b.. "Can you recommend good Intel-compatible hardware for Linux?"
c.. "I'd like to try Linux. Where can I get Linux at minimum cost? Aren't
distribution CD-ROMs available for US $1.99? (Isn't it supposed to be free?)
d.. Can't I just download Linux?
e.. Which Linux distribution should I get? Which distribution is friendliest
to new users? Should I get Red Hat?
Crybaby . . .
  a.. "You're opinionated!"
  b.. "You're not showing respect for my views!"
  c.. You're making ad hominem attacks!
  d.. "I apologise."
  e.. "I couldn't be expected to know better, because I'm not
computer-literate".
  f.. "But I didn't intend any harm!"
  g.. I'm not responsible for the damage: If I wasn't supposed to do that, I
shouldn't have been allowed.
Netiquette . . .
  a.. "This mailing list's software should auto-add a Reply-To header to all
list posts, pointing back to the list."
  b.. "Please send all replies (to my newsgroup/mailing list query) via
private e-mail."
  c.. (You sent a private-mail reply to my attempt to help you on a mailing
list, and failed to mention having done so.)
  d.. (You posted my private mail to you, sent to you in confidence, to
third parties and/or a public forum.)
  e.. (You cross-posted your plea for help to multiple newsgroups, or
mailing lists.)
(You posted my private mail to you, sent to you in confidence, to third
parties and/or a public forum.)

Absent extraordinary justification (which you currently lack), this is an
extremely scummy thing to do. Some boneheads who do this justify it by
saying they wanted to "open the discussion for broader input". If, to
accomplish this, you send my private comments to parties I never intended,
then you have given considerable offence, and your pleas of haplessness and
good intentions (see above) will not avail you.

Regards to All
Alexandr Redko
LU # 178842
ICQ # 75828152