[mdk-re] Re: SCSI Adaptec AVA-2903B

Konstantin Lepikhov =?iso-8859-1?q?lepikhov_=CE=C1_energya=2Eru?=
Вс Окт 21 18:29:12 MSD 2001

Hi!

Кажись нашел где собака порылась :)) Но для начала:

List:     linux-scsi
Subject:  Re: Adaptec 2940/aic7890/91: Unexpected busfree while idle
From:     "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs на scsiguy.com>
Date:     2001-09-06 22:50:23
[Download message RAW]

>I've added a SCSI DLT drive to a machine and it now produces the following
>sequence on startup:
>
>---
>SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
>request_module[scsi_hostadapter]: Root fs not mounted
>scsi0 : Adaptec AIC7XXX EISA/VLB/PCI SCSI HBA DRIVER, Rev 6.1.5
> <Adaptec 2940 Ultra2 SCSI adapter>
> aic7890/91: Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 32/255 SCBs
>
>(scsi0:A:4:0): Unexpected busfree while idle
>SEQADDR == 0x173
>(scsi0:A:4:0): Unexpected busfree while idle
>SEQADDR == 0x173
>(scsi0:A:4:0): Unexpected busfree while idle
>SEQADDR == 0x173
>---
>
>No SCSI components are built as modules, so I'm not sure what's up with
>the request_module[scsi_hostadapter] call.  The kernel SCSI config is:

You must still have an initrd and a stale module.  I don't know how
the system will react to having two different versions of the driver
loaded at the same time.

The 6.1.5 version is quite old.  Version 6.2.2 was released today and
can be found here:

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/

--
Justin