[Comm-en] ALT Linux Education 10.1 - Language and software installation problems

Aly Lutgen alylutgen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 17:42:01 MSK 2023

As I never subscribed to a mailing list before, I'm not sure if pushing the

Michael Shigorin wrote:
> Have a look at /etc/fpc.cfg and try replacing "errorru.msg" with
"errore.msg".

This is the solution; all messages are in English now. Thanks a lot!

Michael Shigorin wrote:
> if that helps, please file a bugreport referencing that one and stating
that fpc localization is hardwired and thus incorrect (because correct
localization was one of the explicit
> primary goals of ALT Linux since the beginning).

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you exactly mean. Must I post at the bug
report webpage? Sending the message to some bugreport email? Dealing with
bugreports is another thing
that I never did...

Michael Shigorin wrote:
> Might help to name a few and probably describe the hardware.

You are right! Sorry! But, I suspected a global problem (supposing that all
installations would fail; I agree, there isn't any real reason for this).
So, I run ALT Linux Education 10.1 (fully
updated) on a VMware Workstation 16 virtual machine: Other Linux 5.x kernel
x64, 1 CPU with 2 cores, 2 GB of memory, 25 GB harddisk. Applications that
I tried to install (using
the "Software" application):
  - Tux, of Math Command
  - Mandelbulber 2
  - XaoS
As I said, in all these cases, installation started and aborted with a
"Data is corrupt" error message.
I'll try further applications and installation using Synaptics Package
Manager as soon as I have the possibility. And will let you know if there
were some applications that actually did install.

Thanks for your really quick (some 14h; wow!) and helpful reply!