[Comm-en] ALT Linux Education 10.1 - Language and software installation problems

Aly Lutgen alylutgen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 19:15:22 MSK 2023

Hi everyone.

I'm actually playing a lot around with virtual machines and I have tried
out more than a dozen Linux distributions meanwhile. Educational purpose...
ALT Linux 10.1 (installed in English) made a good impression on me: fast,
no problems with display, German keyboard and time settings. And (the
software I always install) Lazarus/Free Pascal installation and GUI
application builds worked without the need of any manual configuration
changes or supplementary installs (this is far from always the case with
Linux).

However, I had two problems later, and that's why I subscribed to your
mailing list.

1. Messages in the Lazarus IDE (during the build) are in Russian. Is there
any possibility to change them to English?

2. Software installation failed for several educational applications (I
gave up after the fourth trial). It always started, but after a short time
aborted with a "Data is corrupt" message. Does anyone have an idea what the
reason for this could be? Or, is there another possibility to install these
applications?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!