[Comm-en] What does vivaldi-preinstall do?

Michael Shigorin mike at altlinux.org
Tue Jan 11 11:35:48 MSK 2022

On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 01:29:28AM +0000, David wrote:
> Before I post my blog entry about it, I would like to know
> what the vivaldi-preinstall package actually does/did.

The package description states:

---
Set correct environment for Vivaldi
--- http://packages.altlinux.org/vivaldi-preinstall

Usually we do packages like this when there are libraries
or other components omitted in target package dependencies
specification; sometimes there's some setup needed and the
scripts related land in *-preinstall too.

This particular package just holds /etc/default/vivaldi with

  repo_add_once="false"

line in it; see also:
http://git.altlinux.org/gears/v/vivaldi-preinstall.git?p=vivaldi-preinstall.git;a=blob;f=vivaldi-preinstall.spec;hb=HEAD
http://git.altlinux.org/gears/v/vivaldi-preinstall.git?p=vivaldi-preinstall.git;a=blob;f=vivaldi;hb=HEAD