[Comm-en] What does vivaldi-preinstall do?

David davidb at disroot.org
Tue Jan 11 04:29:28 MSK 2022

I'm in the process of writing a brief post on my blog on installing the Vivaldi web browser on ALT Linux and my WindowMaker desktop.  Before installing the Vivaldi RPM, I did find ALT's vivaldi-preinstall package in Sisyphus and I did install it and I guess everything worked as it should.  Installing the Vivaldi RPM afterword completed successfully.

Before I post my blog entry about it, I would like to know what the vivaldi-preinstall package actually does/did.  Can someone from the ALT-Team share that information with me?  I'm hoping that, if the Vivaldi user community knew how easy it is to get Vivaldi working under ALT-Linux, maybe I can entice some of them to give ALT a try for themselves.

David.