[Comm-en] A couple of issues

Michael Shigorin mike at altlinux.org
Thu Jan 6 14:06:10 MSK 2022

On Wed, Jan 05, 2022 at 09:05:32PM -0800, Lyndon wrote:
> HI there. Just wondering about a couple of issues I am having.
> When trying to import bookmarks from a html bookmarks file to Librewolf
> or Tor browsers, the open dialog window simply does not launch and I
> cannot look for the html file to import into the browsers. I also use
> Falkon and Yandex browsers and I can import bookmarks via an html file
> into them without any issues.

Haven't used Librewolf or Tor browsers, I'd ask those who make
them if this kind of functionality is supposed to be there
(if you're sure that it is and the issue is clearly regarding
the dialog, are there any other file open dialogs there -- like
for posting file attachments on websites, and if there are, do
_these_ work properly or not?).

> Another thing is I cannot attach any files to an email in Evolution
> email program. Again the open window dialog to look for files to attach
> simply does not appear.
>
>  Also, When I click on a link in an email, I get the following message:
>
> GDBBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown:The name
> org.freedesktop.portal.Desktop was not provided by any service files.

An exact distro name (iso image filename, perfectly) would be
helpful; a reproducer like I've mentioned in a message just sent
to a nearby thread here would be very helpful, feel free to file:
http://bugzilla.altlinux.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Sisyphus&component=evolution
(again, do not presume the *package* maintainer knows the *OS*
and its setup you're running, please help him help you through
providing ISO name, /etc/altlinux-release contents, and
`rpm -q evolution` output); posting a bug link here is welcome,
of course.

But having two similar issues in unrelated packages hints that
something's broken in the common bits; maybe try reproducing it
off a LiveCD if it's provided by the particular distro you use.

And thanks for taking the time and effort to post those!

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin / http://altlinux.org
  ------ http://opennet.ru / http://anna-news.info