[Comm-en] Using RPM cache on a second ALT-Linux system

Chorus Grove theadmin at chorusgrove.site
Wed Aug 3 00:00:09 MSK 2022

On 8/2/22 10:25 AM, Chorus Grove wrote:
> On 8/2/22 12:35 AM, Michael Shigorin wrote:
> It's not silly; I was in hurry and didn't recognize that you can
> save several dozen megabytes of traffic more if you synchronize
> the whole /var/cache/apt/ and /var/lib/apt/ onto that machine.

Ah, /var/lib/apt/ I didn't know about that one.  Thank you very much!
It worked perfectly and will save me a great deal of bandwidth with new
installs and upgrades later on.

I have to use my smart phone to connect to the Internet on our PCs, and
the cell phone contract I have only provides so many GBs per month,
without charging me more.  So, every 100MB I can save myself from having
to download (or re-download in this case) is worth the extra effort.

Thanks again!