[Comm-en] Introduction

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Tue May 19 23:37:04 MSD 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 08:25:07PM +0300, Alex Negulescu wrote:
> No, I was saying about the automated media check I have seen at
> some distros (in the past) after clicking install.. a check
> that you can't bypass.

Ouch.  Bypassable by default is what I meant, but this kind
of treatment is not what I'd tolerate myself in ALT Linux.
That is, would patch out and make folks merge that fix. :)

> >I'd also probably have to introduce you to mkimage, and translate
> >at least the basic docs at http://www.altlinux.org/Mkimage and
> >http://www.altlinux.org/Mkimage/Desktop if you decide to join
> >the party ;-)
> I'll probably join the party soon.. I'm kind of starting
> learning russian because I have been planning some trips over
> there, to the mountains, so .. I am OK with the page in
> russian.

Ouch!  BTW I've liked hiking a lot when there was time for that,
feel free to contact offlist as well.

See also http://www.altlinux.org/Installer and
http://www.altlinux.org/Installer/beans

--