[Comm-en] Introduction

Alex Negulescu a at wdu.ro
Mon May 18 22:32:30 MSD 2009

Hi,

Glad Niki did find out what was the issue.
I think media check is not needed because the errors are "spitten" out
on console. Besides, checking the md5 of files is made by a lot of us
after downloading, so if the md5 is ok, the problem could be either from
the media or from the hardware support :-)
Maybe it would be good to have (the check) but I would not like it to be
a "default" button. The check should be done just on confirm not
automatically or by a wrong entery key push.

On the other hand I would like to know how could I install from usb disk
multiple versions of ALT/any other linux.
Like have a boot menu (with grub) to install ALT Linux 5.0, 4.1, 4.0
server, sisyphus, each with x86_64 options.
Do i have to rebuild the installer or is there a way to specify another
directory for the rpms (specify as parameter, not when the installer
asks it - i am now using this method, the installer says it can't find
the files and i write the path)

My 2 cents,
Alex