[Comm-en] Packages posted, Pidgin 2.5.7-alt0

Alex Negulescu a at wdu.ro
Fri Jun 26 16:23:38 MSD 2009

Hello Alexey, Mike and Vladimir,

> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 10:35:46PM +0300, Alex Negulescu wrote:
>
>> > After some long inactivity over here, I posted some new
>> > packages (newly compiled, but not very new some of them).
>>

> BTW Vladimir Gusev (vova1971[]narod.ru) was interested in
> skippy/skippy-xd back in 2006, you might want to contact him:
> http://lists.altlinux.org/pipermail/community/2006-March/596322.html [ru]

Skippy was/is nice but I found compatibility issues with xinerama, no
matter flags and other stuff.

>> > The new one is pidgin 2.5.7, which  solves the problem with
>> > Yahoo Messenger.  The pakages are for Sisyphus.
>> > Link: http://www.wdu.ro/ALT
>> > p.s. if someone wants to help me post them to Sisyphus.ru
>> > (eventually Mike), or wants to post them, feel free to do so.
>>

> Ouch, missed the announcement so far  :)
>
> Merged the spec changes (reverting Packager: to original one --
> it's not really neccessary to change that since the last record
> in %changelog is what matters more, and I consider Alexey to be
> the real packager (I've only performed rather trivial updates);
> after the packages makes it into Sisyphus repo, it will show up
> at sisyphus.ru either.

I'll soon post some plugins, but I have to package them first.
> Just in case you'll decide you prefer to push packages yourself,
> I'd be willing to volunteer as an er... "mentor" (even if I
> didn't get around to webvz/vnstatPHP back then due to health
> issues).  So far looking at kompose.  :)

I read the docs (I admit, not heads to end), and the procedure is not
complicated.
I will probably need some help/mentoring though.

Alexey Rusakov wrote:
> В Срд, 24/06/2009 в 22:35 +0300, Alex Negulescu пишет:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> After some long inactivity over here, I posted some new packages (newly
>> compiled, but not very new some of them). The new one is pidgin 2.5.7,
>> which  solves the problem with Yahoo Messenger.
>> The pakages are for Sisyphus.
>>
>> Link: http://www.wdu.ro/ALT
>>

>> p.s. if someone wants to help me post them to Sisyphus.ru (eventually
>> Mike), or wants to post them, feel free to do so.
>>
> Alex, thanks a lot for your builds. What about taking part in
> maintaining these packages in Sisyphus? It is not very difficult to
> become an ALT Linux Team member, and mike@ and I  will happily help you
> with that, if you wish to.

Thanks for the help in advance, I am in :)