[Comm-en] PAM with ALT Linux

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Sat Nov 10 00:04:26 MSK 2007

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 09:21:30PM +0100, Daniel Rocher wrote:
> >Daniel, you'd probably need to supply an ALTLinux-customized
> >PAM config for your application made along these lines.

BTW it's relevant at least for Owl GNU/*/Linux by default too.

> >Better, use the following (not tested):
> > auth include system-auth
> It's work perfectly !

[snip]

> >It relies on the fact that we have system-wide 'system-auth'
> >PAM config which does common magic (like system-auth-local
> >above).
> I understand. Perhaps directly in ALT Linux rpm packages

Or you might want to follow best practices (that is, reusing
configuration in this case) and include system-auth on other
distros instead of relying on particular scheme in your snippet:
there are other auth modules (someone would use e.g. pam_ldap).

PS: I've checked nearby VPSes with Mandriva 2007.1, FC6,
CentOS 4.4 -- all of them do provide /etc/pam.d/system-auth.
Only Debian Etch would diverge calling that "common-auth".

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>