[Comm-en] PAM with ALT Linux

Daniel Rocher daniel.rocher at adella.org
Fri Nov 9 22:58:57 MSK 2007

Le vendredi 9 novembre 2007, Dmitry V. Levin a écrit :

> Could you provide more details how it doesn't work, please?
> Where it fails, how it fails, credentials of process which fails,
> log message (in /var/log/auth/all) if any, etc.

QtSmbstatus was designed as a client/server. I use PAM to check
login/password.

I Use this code since 2004: pam.cpp and pam.h (attached).
When I want to check a login/password, my prog return (only in Alt linux):

User could not be authenticated: Authentication service cannot retrieve
authentication info

Yet the login and password are correct.

attached:
/etc/pam.d/qtsmbstatusd