[Comm-en] Re: Community-en Digest, Vol 16, Issue 1

D&J Bouley djbouley at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 11 01:18:14 MSD 2004

Hello, Michael, and anyone else who may be reading.

To help further clarify the situation, the repositories selected are the
defaults:

ftp://ftp.altlinux.com/pub/distributions/ALTLinux/Compact/2.3/
ftp://updates.altlinux.com/
ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/altlinux/updates/
ftp://ftp.leo.org/pub/comp/os/unix/linux/altlinux/updates/

That's all I see selected in the table.

These requested updates that Synaptic wanted to do came right after I
installed Compact 2.3 on my system and did the first "check for updates."

The reason I ask about the Junior 2.3 repository is that there's not much in
extra applications available in the Compact repositories.  In order to get my
HP 3-in-1 printer working I had to add the "Classic" repository to find the
hpoj and hpijs drivers.

There's also other apps that I have become partial to (like BlueFish, GFTP,
and others) that are also not in the Compact 2.3 repositories.

As I've mentioned before, I know taking apps from other repositories is
hazardous and I'd much rather find them in repositories made for
Compact/Junior 2.3 if available.

David.