[Comm-en] ksysv seems broken

Richard Hainsworth richard at rusrating.ru
Thu Jul 1 17:14:47 MSD 2004

from the main menu /Configuration/Boot and Init/SysV Init Editor
generates a call to ksysv and a request for the root password, and then
bombs.

Run from the command line under root #ksysv
yields the following output

SysV-Init Editor 1.3.8 Developer Version Copyright ╘ 1997-2000 Peter
Putzer.
All rights reserved. Released under the GNU General Public License
(GPL).

_KDE_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
kbuildsycoca running...
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-17020' to 'ksysv'
ERROR: Communication problem with ksysv, it probably crashed.
[root at smilingface root]# Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

Then a window reporting an error with signal 11

How do I reinstall ksysv. Its in the kdeadmin package, but I cant work
out how to reinstall it.

Richard