[Comm-en] HP Pavilion Monitor Problems

D&J Bouley djbouley at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 1 17:34:11 MSK 2004

Greetings, everyone!

I'm trying to help a friend move into the world of Linux.  I have
installed Junior 2.2 on his HP brand PC, however, we're having problems
with his monitor's (HP Pavilion Mx70) refresh rate.  Seems as though,
withing certain windows in KDE characters and graphics go missing.
Switching from one virtual desktop and back "refreshes" the screen and
everything is visible again (most of the time).

Anyone here know how to fix this problem?  We've selected all of the
appropriate options under the ALT Control Center for monitor and
graphics card settings, but the refresh rate just doesn't work properly.

Is there a known hardware compatibility problem with HP Pavilion's Mx70
and Linux?  Is it something that I've overlooked?

Any advice would be appreciated.
David.

(o_
//\