[Comm-en] No sound Alt 2.2jr

Jorge A. Cerdio Herrán jacerdio at 2vias.com.ar
Wed May 28 05:05:40 MSD 2003

I too have the same problem. I have a PCI SonudBlasterLive5.1. Alt 2.2
jr. does recongnize the card and tries to load 'snd-emu10k1' as a
module, but it doesn't find it (missing). However, if I do a modprobe
emu10k1 after boot on a console as root, the modules gets loaded. Then I
run 'aumix' and turn the volume up. I have to do this everytime I boot.
I have not found any other way. Even if I include this on
/etc/modules.conf it doesn't load the module automagically.

Jorge-

El mar, 27 de 05 de 2003 a las 15:30, Chad escribió:
> Need some help getting sound working with Alt 2.2jr. Everything seems
> installed. A music cd will run (grip) and display song titles, just no
> sound.  Sound is on in the Alt linux control center, KDE startup in
> enabled , volume is on in Aumix and speakers work. I dont know if
> anything else needs to be 'on'.  Sound works in XP and Mandrake 9.0.  I
> can display the output of cat/proc/pci, cat/etc/modules.conf,
> cat/proc/modules if it will help or is needed. I can see various sound
> related items (in the previous commands) but, do not know if they are
> correct .
> Any help is appreciated.
> Chad

Linux user #298640.