[Comm-en] No sound Alt 2.2jr

Chad tama4 at amnet.co.cr
Tue May 27 22:30:46 MSD 2003

Need some help getting sound working with Alt 2.2jr. Everything seems
installed. A music cd will run (grip) and display song titles, just no
sound.  Sound is on in the Alt linux control center, KDE startup in
enabled , volume is on in Aumix and speakers work. I dont know if
anything else needs to be 'on'.  Sound works in XP and Mandrake 9.0.  I
can display the output of cat/proc/pci, cat/etc/modules.conf,
cat/proc/modules if it will help or is needed. I can see various sound
related items (in the previous commands) but, do not know if they are
correct .
Any help is appreciated.
Chad