[Comm-en] Camera

chad tama4 at amnet.co.cr
Tue Jun 24 03:16:38 MSD 2003

On Monday 23 June 2003 11:09, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

> If your digital camera connects ti PC via USB, then you can mount it
> as USB storage device. After connecting yur camera to USB port try
> running
>
> # service kudzu start
Yes. The camera is via USB. Not sure how to create the new mount point
correctly.  Based on your information above I found some information with
Google on 'mount usb storage device'.

> If kudzu defines your camera as common USB storage devices, then you
> can use e.g. digikam (KDE3 application for cameras).
>
> or try simply to run digikam as user.
Tried it. My camera is listed, Kodak DX4900, but get an error about port
settings. I dont seem to have digikam(?), but 'Digital Camera - KDE' . Same
program?
I will follow up my Google links and see what I can find out on how to create
the mount point etc.
best
Chad