[Comm-en] ALT for scientist (but not only)

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Thu Feb 20 22:08:09 MSK 2003

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 12:33:29PM +0300, vadim at mail.cytspb.rssi.ru wrote:
> I don't agree with you. LJ needs to be severely stripped, and
> made as compatible with current Windows soft as it is possible.

Vadim, it is not so.  Windows is Windows, Linux is Linux, and it
will stay that way, that's it.  You can watch Lindows to see how
the attempt you've outlined does.

> Otherwise any good scientist will say - my aim is to study my
> object, not bash, make or gcc.

Scientists or developers?  (I know enough, and am M.Sc. myself)

2 smi: BioCD (or SciCD more probably) would be an interesting
idea, and I've got some motivation for packaging up some more
scientific software.

PS: I get this mailing list messages directly into my inbox
(opposed to low-priority Russian list), and suspect that's the
case with most of ALT Team too -- but it would be better to spend
our time wisely.  Common talks are, well, common talks, and
mostly talked over already for thousands of times...

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>