[Comm-en] need a little help here

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Fri Aug 15 12:43:48 MSD 2003

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 10:55:30PM -0400, Chris Keel wrote:
> When I get to X and I need to enter user name and password, I
> have no keyboard. Anything up to that point, the keyboard
> works.  I can boot in fail safe (safe settings) and go into
> root and the keyboard works.

Known bug ;-(

For Junior, the most possible reason is wrong order of startup
for DM script, to fix it run as root:

subst 's/ 45 / 95 /' /etc/init.d/dm
chkconfig --add dm

(or fix the file and symlinks manually if you wish)

> Thanks for any help you can give. Oh, BTW, I did go to Google
> and seached around, but, everything is in Russian! :-)

Ugh, well, you can at least babelfish that -- the second possible
reason (misconfiguration which leads to duplicated mouse entry in
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4) is described at
http://www.atmsk.ru/viewtopic.php?t=843 -- though using
babelfish.altavista.com directly on that seems tricky due to
registration required at atmsk.

So if #1 doesn't help, try to examine two-mice case.

Sorry for inconvenience, this glitch just shouldn't be there.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>