[Comm-en] Network Sharing continued..

djbouley djbouley at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 23 03:57:37 MSD 2003

Sorry to take so long to reply with my findings.  Been very busy here with
work.

Here's my results to the instructions given earlier...

> >Could you do the following on any client:
> >ping 192.168.0.1

No response from ping.  However, I can ping the client (192.168.0.4) from the
host PC.  It seems to "see" the client okay.

> >tracert 81.222.130.6 (win)
> >/usr/sbin/traceroute or
> >/usr/sbin/tracepath 81.222.130.6 (linux)

This pauses for a moment (30 - 40 seconds) then gives me an output of:
	1  192.168.0.1 0.836 ms 0.45 ms 0.383 ms
	2 * * *
	3 * * *
	4 * * *
and so on.

> >then the same trace trace to ftp.altlinux.org?

This responds with "traceroute: unknown host ftp.altlinux.org"

> >What's the DNS setup on clients?
> >Does the following show activity on outer interface when you try
> >to do the tests from a client?
> >tcpdump -i eth1 | grep 81.222.130.6

When I do this, and try the traceroute on the client, I get a response of
19 packets received by filter
0 packets dropped by kernel

> Thank you, Mike.  I will post the results as soon as I've completed your
> instructions.
>
> David.

(o_
//\