[room] The Graphing Calculator Story

Michael Shigorin =?iso-8859-1?q?mike_=CE=C1_osdn=2Eorg=2Eua?=
Пн Мар 3 17:25:43 MSK 2008

	Здравствуйте.
Не могу не поделиться ссылкой: http://www.pacifict.com/Story/

Выдержки:

---
We looked at each other, took a deep breath, and launched the
application. The monitor burst into flames. We calmly carried it
outside to avoid setting off smoke detectors, plugged in another
monitor, and tried again. The software hadn't caused the fire;
the monitor had just chosen that moment to malfunction.
---
It is a cliche in our business that the first 90 percent of the
work is easy, the second 90 percent wears you down, and the last
90 percent - the attention to detail - makes a good product.
---
The secret to programming is not intelligence, though of course
that helps. It is not hard work or experience, though they help,
too. The secret to programming is having smart friends.
---
I view the events as an experiment in subverting power
structures. I had none of the traditional power over others that
is inherent to the structure of corporations and bureaucracies. I
had neither budget nor headcount. I answered to no one, and no
one had to do anything I asked. Dozens of people collaborated
spontaneously, motivated by loyalty, friendship, or the love of
craftsmanship. We were hackers, creating something for the sheer
joy of making it work.
---

PS: жаль, что для Linux версия так и не появилась...

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike на altlinux.ru>