[room] Fwd: The shiny Dapper logout dialog

Michael Shigorin =?iso-8859-1?q?mike_=CE=C1_osdn=2Eorg=2Eua?=
Пт Мар 10 18:43:47 MSK 2006

----- Forwarded message from Eric Feliksik <milouny/gmx.net> -----

Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:14:58 +0100
From: Eric Feliksik <milouny/gmx.net>
Subject: The shiny Dapper logout dialog

There has been discussion about how the shiny logout dialog in Dapper
could be further improved. It's on
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/gnome-panel/+bug/33002 ,
which resulted in a proposal like
http://librarian.launchpad.net/1632715/logout4x.png .
The reason for this was because the current logout dialog
a) has a *lot* of options
a) lacks a meaningful classification of options.

The "End Session" and "Pause session" headers try to give you the
overall picture, and try to make the essence of the option clearer to
people who don't understand what they do (and that are a lot of people).

Another option could be splitting the "End Session" and "Pause Session"
parts in two dialogs that are accessible from the System menu.

There has not been a response from people that decide about this matter,
so it wasn't rejected, too. Maybe it was overlooked. What do you think?
Manu, do you have a say in this? Other people, is there some particular
dialog you like/prefer?

Thanks!

Eric