[room] учебники по информатике, да

Andrey Rahmatullin =?iso-8859-1?q?wrar_=CE=C1_altlinux=2Eru?=
Вт Сен 13 19:43:42 MSD 2005

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 02:27:15PM +0300, Nick S. Grechukh wrote:
> "если взять какого-нибудь туземца из Нигерии, привести его в
> исследовательский центр, дать ему возможность пользоваться любым
> оборудованием и консультироваться у лучших специалистов - он будет дико
> озираться и ничего не понимать. не потому что он дурак - у него может быть
> очень высокий IQ. просто должно пройти много времени, прежде чем он начнет
> задавать правильные вопросы и понимать ответы на них" (c) не помню :(
  "Savages, that's what we are," Morran said, pacing up and down in front
of Answerer. "Imagine a bushman walking up to a physicist and asking him
why he can't shoot his arrow into the sun. The scientist can explain it
only in his own terms. What would happen?"
  "The scientist wouldn't even attempt it," Lingman said, in a dim voice;
"he would know the limitations of the questioner."
  "It's fine," Morran said angrily. "How do you explain the earth's
rotation to a bushman? Or better, how do you explain relativity to him -
maintaining scientific rigor in you explanation at all times, off course."
  Lingman, eyes closed, didn't answer.

[...]

 But Answerer, alone, mumbels the large questions to himself, the true
questions, which no one can understand.
  How could they understand the true answers?
  The questions will never be asked, and Answerer remembers something his
builders knew and forgot.
  In order to ask a question you must already know most of the answer.

Р. Шекли

--
WBR, wRAR (ALT Linux Team)