[room] Fw: [Icecast] Something interesting

Pavlov Konstantin =?iso-8859-1?q?thresh_=CE=C1_cpms=2Eru?=
Пн Сен 5 17:11:34 MSD 2005

Всем привет.

Интересно как. :)

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 04:14:35 -0400
From: "Jason" <Jason на Weatherserver.net>
To: "icecast" <icecast на xiph.org>
Subject: [Icecast] Something interesting

Since the hurricane hit new orleans public safety radio communications
have been hit and miss.  I just want to let you guys know what icecast
is being used for when it isn't streaming a radio/tv station.

If you look on this page
http://www.radioreference.com/wiki/index.php/Hurricane_Katrina  you
will see a massive list of icecast servers which are streaming
emergency services communications from the effected area around new
orleans and mississippi.  These feeds are being used by not only
civilians but people who are in New Orleans to provide aid and family
members who are listening in to try to hear details about loved ones.
I've been getting emails from tv stations, radio stations and just
people who want to know what is going on for days since I setup
http://hurricane.weatherserver.net and just started with one 200 person
icecast server. Now we have multiple servers that can handle 1000 or
more users.

I guess I just want to say thanks for making such a kickass streaming
audio server. What people are doing right now wouldn't be possible
without it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=Ottawa Valley
Temp: 11.6°C - Humidity 96% - Wind: N @ 0 km/h Baro: 998kPa Steady -
Vis: 14km - Sky: Clear - Weather: --- Hourly Rain: 0.00mm - Daily Rain:
0.00mm - Total Rain(Aug 16th): 26.00mm

=-=-=-= Website: http://www.WeatherServer.net =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
EMAIL ALERT LISTS Signup at http://listserver.weatherserver.net
today.....