[sisyphus] VirtualBox: 64bit guest on 64bit host

Andriy Lutskiv l.andriy на gmail.com
Вс Окт 2 18:56:22 MSK 2011

2011/10/2 Alexey Borisenkov <grizlik78 на gmail.com>

> 02.10.2011 17:49, Andriy Lutskiv пишет:
>
>  Немножко странно, ведь 32-битные идут. И на сайте  VirtualBox пишут, что
>> возможно. Или что-то не то прочитал.
>>

> Для 32-битных VT-x/AMD-V не требуются.
> http://www.virtualbox.org/**manual/ch03.html#intro-**64bitguests<http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch03.html#intro-64bitguests>
> http://www.virtualbox.org/**manual/ch10.html#hwvirt<http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch10.html#hwvirt>
>
> Я когда у себя для 64-битной гостевой отключаю VT-x, выдаётся
> предупреждение, что для 64-битной гостевой необходима аппаратная
> виртуализация и она будет включена автоматически.

Почему-то прямо не указано.

Even though VirtualBox does not always require hardware virtualization,
enabling it is *required* in the following scenarios:

   -

   Certain rare guest operating systems like OS/2 make use of very esoteric
   processor instructions that are not supported with our software
   virtualization. For virtual machines that are configured to contain such an
   operating system, hardware virtualization is enabled automatically.
   -

   VirtualBox's 64-bit guest support (added with version 2.0) and
   multiprocessing (SMP, added with version 3.0) both require hardware
   virtualization to be enabled. (This is not much of a limitation since the
   vast majority of today's 64-bit and multicore CPUs ship with hardware
   virtualization anyway; the exceptions to this rule are e.g. older Intel
   Celeron and AMD Opteron CPUs.)

Best regards, Andriy