[sisyphus] NetworkManager & xfdesktop after upgrade

Mikhail Efremov sem на altlinux.ru
Вт Июн 7 17:56:02 UTC 2011

On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 19:44:25 +0300 Alex Negulescu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> NetworkManager managed to lose all my settings (connections, vpns etc)
> after upgrade. Any hints to recover ?

Do you use nm-applet? If yes then you are already second, who tells me
about this issue. But I can't reproduce this problem. In NM-0.9
user-space connections were removed, and now NM keep all connections
itself. But connections from gconf should be migrated automatically.

You can try solution, suggested by Ildar Mulyukov:
$ gconftool-2 -s --type int /apps/nm-applet/stamp 2
and then restart nm-applet.

> Also, after upgrade xfdesktop didn't run automatically first time, after
> running by hand, it starts always.

The same thing, I don't know how to reproduce this.

--
WBR, Mikhail Efremov