[sisyphus] Fwd: Re: [Ltsp-developer] ltspfs bug? missing /etc/mtab failure

Michael Shigorin =?iso-8859-1?q?mike_=CE=C1_osdn=2Eorg=2Eua?=
Вт Май 6 18:28:06 MSD 2008

	Здравствуйте.
Уже хочу rpm-divert :)

----- Forwarded message from Oliver Grawert <ogra/ubuntu.com> -----

Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:05:56 +0200
From: Oliver Grawert <ogra/ubuntu.com>
To: ltsp-developer/lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Ltsp-developer] ltspfs bug?  missing /etc/mtab failure

hi,
Am Montag, den 28.04.2008, 00:11 -0400 schrieb Warren Togami:

> Workaround: touch /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/mtab
>
> A blank read-only /etc/mtab is enough to make it work!
>
> Anyhow, I believe this is a bug in ltspfsd because it really doesn't
> need any information in /etc/mtab.  /proc/mounts is often more accurate
> anyway if it really does need any info.
>
> Thoughts?
thats how we do it since day one (a grep -r in the plugin dir helps a
lot):

ogra/ceron:~/devel/hardy-ltsp/ltsp-trunk$ cat server/plugins/ltsp-build-client/Ubuntu/010-etc-mtab
case "$MODE" in
    after-install)
        # divert /etc/mtab and point it to /proc/mounts
        chroot $ROOT dpkg-divert --package ltsp-client --add --rename \
                                 --divert /etc/mtab.real /etc/mtab
        chroot $ROOT ln -sf /proc/mounts /etc/mtab
        ;;
esac

the divert moves the file out of the way (in case a package will claim
it dpkg-divert makes sure such a package doesnt touch it (i.e. on
updates)) and then we simply link /proc/mounts to be mtab. mind you, if
you have apps that actually rely on the format of mtab which is slightly
different to /proc/mounts you are screwed (we dont have such apps in the
client chroots usually, but if you ever want to run something like gvfs
on a client, which apparently massively relies on such things like
fstab, mtab etc, then you will run into probs)

ciao
	oli

 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike на altlinux.ru>