[sisyphus] [[Portslave-users] Introduction & new portslave release]

Konstantin A. Lepikhov =?iso-8859-1?q?lakostis_=CE=C1_anti-leasure=2Eru?=
Сб Окт 29 01:12:36 MSD 2005

Hi!

Пожалуй, теперь я это соберу в сизиф, ибо теперь ничего патчить не
придется. Спасибо доброму человеку, а сам долго бы не собрался ;)

----- Forwarded message from Paul Dwerryhouse -----

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:51:40 +1000
From: Paul Dwerryhouse <paul@>
To: portslave-devel@,
	portslave-users@
Subject: [Portslave-users] Introduction & new portslave release

Hi all,

Not sure how many people are still actively reading these mailing lists,
but those of you also on the portslave-cvs list would have noticed a bit
of activity recently.

Russell has added me as a portslave administrator, and I've been doing a
bit of work to get portslave up and running with recent versions of ppp.
I'm a Un*x sysadmin, based in Melbourne, Australia, and currently
employed at a DNS registry.

I've just made a new release of portslave - I've given it a version
number of 1.9.9 (looking towards a 2.0.0 release when it's considered
stable). I've dumped the date version-numbering scheme.

Here is a list of the major changes in the new version:

* It now compiles against ppp 2.4.3; there were a number of API changes
in this version, particularly relating to CHAP. All major Linux
distributions now ship with ppp 2.4.2 or 2.4.3, so this will make
packaging portslave much less problematic.

* It no longer needs the ppp source code to be sitting in the parent
directory when compiling. Instead, it looks for the ppp header files
and libraries under /usr/include & /usr/lib, etc...

* It is now using automake as part of its build process. This makes
it much easier to make releases.

The new release is up on the portslave sourceforge release page, so I
encourage everyone to download it and try it out.

Cheers,

Paul.

--
Paul Dwerryhouse				| PGP Key ID: 0x6B91B584