[sisyphus] Fwd: TYPO3 in 40 languages!

Michael Shigorin =?iso-8859-1?q?mike_=CE=C1_osdn=2Eorg=2Eua?=
Пн Сен 6 08:23:25 MSD 2004

	Здравствуйте.
Тут вот что пришло -- заинтересованные в качественной локализации
качественной CMS могут помочь. :)

PS: просьба отвечать только в _один_ из списков рассылки (лучше
community@) или мне лично.

----- Forwarded message from Kasper Sk?rh?j <kasper2004 на typo3.com> -----

Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 00:45:18 +0200
From: Kasper Sk?rh?j <kasper2004 на typo3.com>
To: kasper2004 на typo3.com
Subject: TYPO3 in 40 languages!

Hi Translators of TYPO3.

First, thank you very much, all of you! The fact that TYPO3 is available
in impressive 40 languages is solely to your credit. It truely shows how
powerful Open Source Software is - that it can easily cover the whole
earth and be a blessing to everyone with only a small effort given back
from every user. This is what commercial software can only dream of!

The next version of TYPO3, version 3.7.0, will be released in a few
weeks. The plan is to have a Release Candidate next week, around the
14th of september. One of the heavily improved things in 3.7.0 is
various features to support localization of websites. Also, Context
Sensitive Help has been finalized in English. And finally, a new format
for translating the backend system (called "locallang-XML") has arrived.

My hope for version 3.7.0 is that most of the translations of TYPO3 can
be completed for the release! This totally depend on you of course. On
my side I have done the best I can to make translation an easy job for
you and the good news is that a "complete" translation of the core
system is now done simply by using a new interface on a translation
server I have set up. The server will be fast and un-loaded for your
convenience - contrary to slow TYPO3.org where you translate extensions.

HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR TYPO3 TRANSLATION:
1) Login at http://130.228.0.33/typo3/t3l10n/
	Username is [language key] (eg. "dk" for danish)
	Password is [** ask mike **] for all languages (Chief translators should change
this and notify his staff of assistants)
2) In the bottom of the module menu there is a main module called
"ll-XML". Click this link. Then you enter the new translation tool.
3) In the selector box menu in the top of the translation tool, select
"Re-generate cached information" - this will take 10 seconds or so and
build a statistic over how many labels are missing a translation in each
file.
4) Then go to "Translation files", in the selector box "Select file" you
select the first xml file where the count of non-translated labels is
different than zero (number is shown in [xx]). Translate the file and go
to the next until finished.
5) When all files have a count of zero you are done and all of TYPO3s
core system is translated. You can go to TYPO3.org and translate
extensions now by the old method if you have more energy left.

Basically this is it. Here are a few notes:
- Preview: Each time you save the translations you re-write the XML
files in the system. This means that you can *immediately* see the
results of your translation by browsing around the backend. This is very
nice if you want to verify how you translation fit the contexts.
- CSH: In some languages you will see the second half of the files in
the filelist being "CSH" files (Context Sensitive Help). You are welcome
to translate these but they are secondary to the first half! Don't begin
to translate those before you are done with the other files! Also, the
amount of text for Context Sensitive Help is generally very large. All
together there is 200 kb of text in the CSH section!
- Translating on your own server: If you would rather like to translate
TYPO3 on your own server you can now to that. Make sure to get the
latest TYPO3 version from CVS and install the extension "llxmltranslate"
(attached as a file), then you are set. When you are done with your
translation, use the Export menu to create an export file which you just
send to me and I will merge it into the core.
- Exporting translations: If you would like to export and import your
work to your own server before 3.7.0 is released you can use the Export
feature to do so. Install the "llxmltranslate" extension locally to
import it on your own server.

The deadline for translations going into 3.7.0 is two weeks from now
approximately. But if you can make it within this week you will enjoy
your translation in the Release Candicate! Wouldn't that be nice!

I hope you can all make it! I'm really enthusiastic about the new XML
format for translations and the usability perspectives of Context
Sensitive Help extended to the whole core of TYPO3 - finally.

--
- kasper

--------
Please notice NEW EMAIL ADDRESS for 2004!! (due to SPAM-contamination)

"kasper2004 на typo3.com"

 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike на altlinux.ru>