[sisyphus] Работа с DVD

Gerasimov Dmitry =?iso-8859-1?q?matrix_=CE=C1_podlipki=2Eru?=
Ср Сен 24 10:01:05 MSD 2003

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 12:02:59PM +0700, Maxim.Savrilov на socenter.ru wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:50:56 +0400
> Gerasimov Dmitry <matrix на podlipki.ru> wrote:
>
> > > запись, перезапись - на ура
> > > dvdrecord - клон cdrecord со всеми ее ключами и т.п.
> > dvdrecord в Сизифе нет. я его собирал, но в том виде который получался, я
> > его не решился выкладывать. В Сизифе есть dvd+rw-tools.
> > >

> а он dvd-rw умеет тоже?
вот цитата из документации.
Q.  What are the dvd+rw-tools for?
A.  As already implied/mentioned to master the DVD media, both +RW/+R and
-R[W], with. I could simply refer you to the tutorial, but figured that
couple of words about the [original] design ideas behind growisofs, the
principal burning utility, wouldn't harm. Even though modified kernel can
let you put for example an ext2 file system on DVD+RW, it's probably not
very practical, because you most likely want to access the data on
arbitrary computer. Or in other words you most likely want ISO9660.
Trouble is that you might as well want to add data now and then. And what
options do you have in the lack of multiple sessions (yes, DVD+RW has no
notion of multiple sessions)? Complete re-mastering which takes more and
more time as data-set grows? Well, yes, unless you employ growisofs!
growisofs provides the way to both lay down and grow an ISO9660 file
system on (as well as to burn an arbitrary pre-mastered image to) all
supported DVD media.

--
    Gerasimov Dmitry